Rock Canyon Girls’ Lacrosse Program
2022-2023 Policies and Information
Welcome to Rock Canyon Lacrosse. Please read this policy information carefully. Our goal as coaches is to continuously strengthen the team and program and we feel that these policies will help us towards that goal. We appreciate your involvement in the Lacrosse program and could not do this without you, the spectators, sponsors and fans!
Contact Information and policies:
Our communication policy is simple, have a question please call or email, if you have a concern regarding the program, please address it with the Head Coach first. Should you take a concern to our Athletic Director he will reroute you to the coach.
Updated information, forms, calendar, and events can be found on the website.
*E-mail should be the main source of communication to all coaches
* Please allow 24-48 hours for a response from coaches
Alanna Gilbertson, Head Coach, 303-506-3961
Sean Larson, Assistant Coach, Please contact the head coach
We function on a 24 hour rule regarding games. Unless its an Emergency regarding illness or issues getting to the game.
Important Items to Consider:
Parents, please consider the following
- All final decisions are made by coaches. Support the coaching staff!
- This high school program is held at a higher priority over club programs or other sports or activities throughout the entirety of the season
- You may need to provide carpooling when necessary for any activity leaving Rock Canyon
- Players are not allowed to participate in any other school sport during season.
- It is never acceptable to attempt to coach players from the stands. Your role as parents include providing a safe and inclusive environment, supporting the players with words of positive encouragement, and helping our team by volunteering for key positions during home games.
- Referees often have to make difficult calls. Parents shouting from the stands only gives a poor reputation to our schools combined program. Should this occur it would look like this: first time will result in a conversation with the coach during game and an automatic change of possession, second time may result in removal from the stands and follow up conversation with coach and school administration.
- If you are interested in becoming a referee please contact CWOLA at email@example.com
Sportsmanship (as defined by CHSSA by-laws) means: active demonstration of competitive integrity and ethics; respect for opponents and officials: fair play; understanding of the rules; appreciation of all performances regardless of the school; personal and institutional pride; and gracious acceptance of results. This goes for Players and Fans.
Being a member of any school team requires responsible behavior. Each lacrosse player must sign a Contract of Conduct before participating at any school activities where they will be representing the RCHS girl’s lacrosse program. The coaches have the right to withdraw any student from an event or program if the student appears to misrepresent the school or team at any time. All lacrosse players must be respectful of their teammates, parents, coaches, officials, opposing school members, and all school employees and will be held accountable and responsible for all actions and behaviors in AND out of uniform.
Chain of Communication:
Coach FIRST ALWAYS
- It is not acceptable to approach a coach right after a game to talk about playing time or other comments, concerns
- A coach will not discuss this with player or parent until 24 hours AFTER the game
- It is expected that the PLAYER will come talk to the coach about matters first before a parent does, encourage your daughter to advocate for herself, one of our requirements when hiring coaches is their agreement to help and support students in advocating for themselves. Our team is a safe place to practice this life skill.
- If you approach a coach about playing time please expect an HONEST answer that you may not agree with.
- All practices are mandatory
- Appointments should be made around the practice schedule. Failure to do so will result in an absence and harm the team as information shared (plays etc) are the responsibility of the player to learn and find out from others.
- Players that miss practice jeopardize their spot in the next game if habitual Varsity players will be moved to the JV roster until they are able and ready to recommit to the program. This may also be initiated by the player if they believe academics are slacking and they need additional time to pull them up.
Excused absences must follow the Excused Absence Process listed below:
- Absence request must be put in writing and turned into the coach (via email or text)
- The coach will determine whether or not the absence is excused
- Athlete’s name will be noted on the coach’s calendar
- Grades are checked weekly by the school administration and sent to coaches
- Players must be passing 5 classes to be eligible
- If a player is not meeting the CHSSA eligibility they will not be able to play in games or practices starting the next Monday-Saturday, but will be required to check in with coach at practice regarding progress of work towards a passing grade
- Coaches will inform players individually if they are ineligible
- We would love to get teh King Soopers Program up and Running as soon as possible!
- We would also love to get a few restaurant nights on the calendar where we get some of the proceeds.
- Please let us know if you would like to get more involoved.
Please go to Educational Outfitters to buy our spirit wear! Educational Outfitters provides our program with 20% of all purchases but you must let them know it’s from the girls lacrosse side so we can get appropriate credit for the purchase. Visit them at Educational
8170 S University Blvd #250
Centennial, CO 80122
Text Us: 720.724.9383
or shop directly online by visiting
LifeTouch- School Required:
Closing and Additional Notes:
- These policies are developed to maintain and grow a strong lacrosse program. The coaches ask for direct communication to avoid misunderstandings. Please contact the coaches with any questions, comments or concerns regarding these policies.
- Team Captains and co-captains are appointed by the Head Coach and is determined by attitude, confidence, leadership, lacrosse IQ, off field involvement in leadership roles for the team or school
- Due to not having enough bus drivers to meet the needs of both school and after school activities the district has decided that away games will not have bussing available this year. Therefore, just like club or recreation, it is the players responsibility to find a ride to the games and from the games.
- Fees and where our money goes:
- Paying our Referees
- Field Usage (Dome)
- Uniform Replacements
- Senior Parent Day Trinkets
- Junior Jag T-Shirts (Promotional Materials)
- Team Warm Ups
- School Goalie Gear
- Bounce Back
- Goal Blocker
- Lacrosse Balls
- Coaches Training
- Indoor Practice Snacks
- Collapsible Lacrosse Cage
- Promotional Materials
- Coaches pay for camps
- New Player Camp
- End of year Banquet and Awards
- NEW video analysis and stats
Thank you for taking the time to review the handbook and we appreciate your attention to ensuring a positive and fun lacrosse season